Web site and Blogs that I love Part II
I realized that I had to write about some other sites that I visit, but they are different, and more directly related to what I do for a living, which is graphic design. I believe I may or may not have mentioned here, that I had always wanted to be a cartoonist when I grew up, but this was as close as I got. This doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate cartoons, far from it. I just can’t do them as well as most.
So, here is my list of cartoon or comic book sites that I love and visit on a weekly basis, in no particular order. Some are updated less often than that, some more.
- DiceBox This is an amazing story, of a future society, of which the author knows all the details and slips them in. Although it is hard to wait every Wednesday until it is update, it is well worth it.
- Dykes to Watch Out For: This site is more than her now, sob, monthly update, but the strip is the main reason I started going there inf the first place.
- Sarah Olelsyk: who hasn’t updated in a while. Perhaps she has taken the Summer off?
- The Fart Party:This is a strip by Julia Wertz, who was, until recently, a San Francisco Bay Area artist, who apparently is moving to New York. She’s got a unique view on life.
- God and Undergrads: which I started reading on another site, and then she put it on her own. Interesting story about a demi-goddess at college.
- Girlamatic: which has some great women drawn comics, including the Mad Bun.
- Grace: about an artist falling in love with her model.
- And finally, though only because I have to get back to work: No Rest for the Wicked. This is an amazing story using fairy tale figures as you don’t often see them, and yet, they remain true to their concepts.
That’s it for today. Have fun.